I want to list here my top five favorite books on contemporary art. All these works are an easy, fun read, but they deal with controversial issues on the contemporary art market. If you are interested on what drives prices, what makes a good work, or which living artists changed the direction of art, I highly recommend these books.
1. Steve Martin - An Object of Beauty
2. Sarah Thornton - Seven days in the Art World
3. Don Thompson - The 12 Million Stuffed Shark
4. Elizabeth Currid - The Warhol Economy
5. Calvin Tomkins - Lives of the Artists